Bhramari Pranayam with Steps, Benefits and Duration
Name : BHRAMARI PRANAYAMA or PRANAYAM
Duration : This pramayam need be done for 3 to 5 times each day.
Steps or Technique :
- Firstly you should sit in any comfortable posture- padmasana, siddhasana or otherwise sukhasana all told in the yoga blog with spine, neck and head straight in one line which is must.
- After that close both of your ears with your thumbs and put your index fingers on your forehead, middle fingers on either side of your eyes, the ring fingers on your two nostrils to close them partially, and your small fingers on each side of your mouth.
- Now inhale deeply through your nostrils and recite AUM sound through your nose with mouth closed making a humming sound like that of the big bee with your nose for as long time as possible in one breath.There is no need to say AUM. You just have to make the Sound.
- The next step is, take another deep breath in through the nose (mouth closed) and repeat AUM as above for the second time, and then for the third time.
- Now it will energizes and purifies your body with the energy of AUM.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayam :
- Long-term benefits in terms of mental equipoise and normalizing BP.
- It helps to cope up with insomnia
- It also prepares you for deep meditation.
It helps in improving your memory and normalizes BP and also helps to make you calm down and get rid of anxiety. It also normalizes the activity of the endocrine glands, especially the thyroid gland which is responsible for anxiety.
You can alse improve your sleeping patterns by the regular practice of surya namaskar. The asanas will helps to calm your mind andbody, giving you a good night's sleep which is responsible for a good day. This excercise will also ensure that you do not resort to drugs to give you a restful sleep which is an harmful practice.
One can use this pranayama before getting into a deep meditaion as a warm up. It prepares your body and mind and refreshes your soul and makes you go deeper into dhyaan or meditaion. without any warm up meditation is almost useless because your mind will not be ready for the tough practice of meditation.