Balasana Or Child's Pose Yoga With Steps and Benefits
Posture : Balasana or child's pose yoga or happy baby pose
Translation : In the Sanskrit language word bala means child.
Pronunciation : ba-lah-sa-na
Difficulty : Level 2" As inumerable cups full of water, many reflections of the sun are seen, but the sun is the same; similarly individuals, like cups, are inumerable, but spirit, like the sun, is one. "
- Sit on your knees with your feet together and buttocks resting on your heels. Separate your knees about the width of your hips. Place your hands on your thighs, palms down. (This is the vajra-asana or Thunderbolt Pose).
- Inhale deeply, then exhale as you bring your chest between your knees while swinging your arms forward.
- Rest your forehead on the floor, if possible, and then bring your arms around to your sides until the hands on resting on either side of your feet, palms up.
- Breath gently through your nostrils as you hold the posture. Hold for about one to two minutes. Then return to asn upright kneeling position with your back straight and your hands on your thighs.
- Repeat the posture at least one more time.
The balasana is one of the more relaxing Yoga postures and can easily be done by beginners. As part of your Yoga routine it is best used as a counter-pose to any posture that stretch the spine backward (such as the naga-asana, the dhanura-asana, the chakra-asana, the ushtra-asana, etc.) The balasana gently stretches and relaxes the shoulders, neck, back muscles and thighs.
Duration / Repetitions :
The balasana can be held for as long as is comfortable. Repeat at least twice if it is held for less than a minute.
The Benefits of Child's Pose or balasana yoga:
- It releases all tension in your back, shoulders and chest.
- This yoga Posture is recommended if you have dizziness or fatigue Helps alleviate stress and anxiety.
- It also Flexes the body's internal organs and keeps them supple.
- It lengthens and stretches the spine
- It also relieves neck and lower back pain.
- It gently stretches your hips, thighs and ankles
- Balasana yoga will normalize the blood circulation throughout your body
- It also stretches muscles, tendons and ligaments in your knees
- It will Calm your mind and body
- It will encourage strong and steady breathing.
Since the streaching of Back, shoulder muscles and chest muscles are also required in this yoga posture. This results in the flexible and more stornger back, chest and shoulder.
Doing this asana relives your body and all the stresses of your body. Also improves your body fucntionig which further relives you stress, which further helps in reamoving fatigue and dizziness in your body, making your more active and revitelized.
It also relives the tension of the intarnal body organs and body parts by streaching there tissues and keeps them in a proper shape.
It also makes do some job on your spine which will streaches and energize your spine and relives its pain and makes it flexible and strong.
When performed with the head and torso supported Working on your neck it opens up or remove the stains which will make your body feel totally relived or less tense.
As it requires the movement of your hip muscles, make them free up and flexible hence releasing the tension in your hip muscle and hip portion.
By stretching, this pose helps in improving the functioning of the heart and increases heart rate. Blood circulation in the heart is also increased by doing this asana.
balasana yoga will put pressure on your muscles, tendons and ligaments of knees all at once and makes it more stronger and healthy and also Relax the Musceles. Also strengthens your knees as it requires a lot of power form knee also releases tension form the knee joints.
This asana is great for relaxing and revitilizing your mind and providing you peace of mind.
The streaching parts in this yogs will surely make your arms, shoulders, back stronger and also makes your lungs expand to its fullest making the need of oxygen to your body upto the mark.